AA PTSD Association Membership?
Become a member of a distinguished organization that is dedicated to enriching veteran's lives by serving with passion and dedication. Help us help all veterans by becoming a member of this non-profit, tax-deductible veterans’ service organization.
Events and Fundraisers?
Funds derived from your membership allows the successful expansion of our services. Our services include but are not limited to enhancing the lives of Veterans and the family members of Veterans. Assisting in reducing the number of homeless Veterans while also providing assistance and services to needed disabled Veterans. These funds are also used to assist in reducing the number of unemployed and disabled Veterans through employment programs that will enable them to assist themselves and other Veterans in acquiring benefits they have earned through their services in the Armed Forces.
Please remember we are Veterans helping Veterans;’ providing these services from the heart, as we are volunteers and not paid employees. All contributions, memberships and donations of any amount are tax deductible. Your assistance in our times of need is greatly appreciated and we thank you.
- We are an organization that assist ALL Veterans, regardless of their color/race/creed or gender with ALL claims that are to be presented to the VA for compensation and/or pension.
912 Veterans Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
The ebenefits Portal is an online resource that you can use to find and manage benefits-related information. As a Premium eBenefits user, you can apply for benefits, download your DD-214, and check the status of claims, a more. eBenefits can help you take charge of your own life and make sure you're getting everything you deserve.
Forms and Helpful Information
- Inception of the AAPTSD Association - About Us - Our Mission
- What is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Online Membership Application Form
- Pre-Screening Questionaire
- Veteran’s Disability Questionnaire
- IRS Veteran's Service Organizations
- Donation Form
- Vehicle Donation Form
- Tax Deductable Donation Form
- Resourceful Links and Contact
The African American Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Association (AA PTSD Assn.) is a non-partisan, non-profit, 501(c)(19), Tax-Deductible, National Veteran's Service Organization. We are dedicated to the service of All Veterans and the family members of veterans in the achievement and education of Veterans Benefits as provided in Public Laws, Chapter 38 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Title 38 United States Code (USC).
Areas we help with:
- Helping Veterans and their families
- Filing VA Claims
- Assisting with receiving adequate medical attention
- Understanding the VA Rating Schedule for compensation
- Providing safe houses
- Facilities for homeless Veterans
- Emergency overnight shelters
- Offering services that there is help available
- Help for female Veterans.
- Information---not-for-profit agencies also available
- Other resources are available to provide assistance
- Help Veterans get in homes - CLICK HERE for Flyer
Educating the Veteran and their dependents of benefits earned from services they provided our great nation. In addition to our “Mission of Hope” we strive to form a link, connecting Vietnam Era and Gulf War Veterans in all 50 States and engage in concerted efforts to foster changes beneficial to all veterans and their dependents.
The African American Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Association has provided Veterans, family members of Veterans, homeless Veterans and incarcerated Veterans, direct services (e.g. food, clothing, personal hygiene items, shoes, boots and blankets). AA PTSD Assn. has provided these services with an all-volunteer force that utilizes their own funds and minimal resources through group partnerships within each State they operate to finance and operate this very necessary program.
$$$$ - Big or small it all helps
Donnation Information - Click Here
The African American Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Association was established April 3, 1999, as a derivative of an African American PTSD Therapy Group formed in 1995. The purpose for the creation of this Association was:
- To field many of the questions and complaints lodged by Ethnic Minorities and All Other Veterans.
- To obtain and exchange information, to provide pertinent information to medical personnel and to ensure better health care.
- To assist Ethnic Minorities and All Other Veterans by informing them of illnesses they or their family members may be afflicted with or could suffer as a result of their military service in Vietnam, Korea or the Gulf War.
- To provide informative materials explaining the disorder PTSD and its impingement on their related social, psychological, physical and accompanying economic maladies. Providing materials and information explaining why African Americans and other ethnic minorities are more susceptible to these disorders.
- To provide informative materials explaining the disorder TBI and its impingement on their related social, psychological, physical and accompanying economic maladies.
- To provide assistance and information on what can be done to minimize the effects of these disorders and to offer HOPE!